HRC research proposal workshop
|Date||Thursday 22 April 2021|
|Time||1:30pm - 3:30pm|
|Presenter||Dr Robin Olds|
This workshop will provide support for those who are planning a research funding proposal to the Health Research Council (HRC). Workshop participants will have the opportunity to discuss their ideas with Dr Robin Olds, check the appropriateness of the funding opportunity and Research Investment Stream, receive feedback on what they should consider in their proposal, and ask questions.
For workshop participants: All participants will need to come prepared. In advance of the workshop, each participant will need to submit a brief precis of their research idea. This should include:
1. Participant name
2. The investment opportunity being considered (e.g. Project, Emerging Researcher First Grant, PhD scholarship, Postdoctoral Fellowship etc)
3. The Research Investment Stream to which the the proposal aligns
4. 1-2 paragraphs of text, setting out
- the problem, or knowledge gap, or opportunity the research proposal is addressing (2-3 sentences)
- the research hypothesis and/or research aim(s)
- a high level description of the research plan and methods (2-3 sentences)
- the approach to Māori health advancement
- the potential impact of the research (1-2- sentences)
This precis of the research proposal should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by midday Monday 19 April, so we have time to read and decide what needs to be addressed for each proposal.