Artificial Intelligence & Environment Hackathon
|Date||Thursday 8 - Friday 9 September 2022|
|Time||9am (Thursday 8 September) - 5pm (Friday 9 September)|
|Presenter||Dr Phil Mourot (Senior Research Fellow, AI Institute, University of Waikato)|
|Admission Cost||Cost will be FREE for students and $25 (general)|
For the first time in New Zealand – A challenge event to help protect our environment.
- There are cash prizes: $1000 for national winners and $200 for regional winners (there are 5 locations)
- We will provide free pizza.
We are now offering online also. Zoom link will be sent to participants once registered.
The AI Hackathon for the Environment is a two-day challenge event focused on delivering real-life examples to help build a coherent environmental data ecosystem, including:
- Deploying AI alongside other new technologies to enhance solving environmental issues
- Developing a national environmental open data framework
- Considering where and how mātauranga Māori may be incorporated within Government AI systems
- Coordinating the development of standards and best practices for environmental data management
To find out more and register for the event visit this website: https://hackathon2022.taiao.io/