4th Aotearoa New Zealand Sustainable Development Goals Summit
|Thursday 9 - Friday 10 February 2023
|Gallagher Academy of Performing Arts and Virtual
You are warmly invited to attend the fourth Aotearoa New Zealand Sustainable Development Goals Summit on 9 and 10 February 2023 at the University of Waikato’s Hamilton Campus.
Help to build a stronger, fairer, more sustainable Aotearoa: Perspectives and actions from the Waikato region
Over two action-packed days, this event will unpack some of the key issues affecting the wellbeing of the Waikato Region right now, with the goal of consolidating efforts and spurring further action to tackle climate change, promote community cohesion and inspire individuals, organisations and businesses to create fairer futures.
It will bring together a diverse array of passionate leaders and experts with a speaking lineup that includes:
- Hinerangi Raumati (Chair of Tainui Group Holdings)
- Rachel Karalus (CEO of K'aute Pasifika)
- Paula Southgate (Mayor of Hamilton)
- Gareth Hughes (Wellbeing Economy Alliance Aotearoa)
- Riria Te Kanawa (Missy) (National Industry Lead, Māori at KPMG)
- Sir Peter Gluckman (Chief Science Advisor 2009-2018)
- Ganesh Nana (Chair of the Productivity Commission)
The 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will provide the backbone of this unique event, reminding us of the many threads that create strong, fair, and sustainable communities, like how we can build more liveable cities, overcome entrenched racism, provide fairer access to healthcare and create an ecosystem that truly supports sustainable business.
The event will also include panel discussions, workshops and a field trip to Xtreme Zero Waste at Whaingaroa, Raglan.