2019 Hamilton High School Student Model United Nations Assembly
|Date||Saturday 31 August 2019|
|Time||9am - 4pm|
|Where||PWC, University of Waikato|
We at UNA NZ are delighted to invite you to the 2019 Hamilton High School Students Model United Nations Assembly. We are primarily concerned with providing each delegate an enjoyable and educational experience. We believe firmly that this conference is an opportunity for students to learn about international relations, public speaking, and the challenges of high-stakes diplomacy through practical experience. Also, this will be a chance to meet people from other schools in Hamilton to create long-lasting networks and friends.
The details of the event are as follows:
● Committee: United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
● Topic: Minimising the Negative Effects of Climate Change
● 31 August 2019 Registration 8.30 am
● Time: 9am - 4pm. Please note that we will be serving a light lunch and Tea/Coffee.
● Venue: Cooper Lecture Theatre, Price Water House, Waikato Management School, University of Waikato, Hillcrest Road, Hillcrest, Hamilton 3216
● Team: Maximum three teams from each school and each team consists of a maximum of three students. We will allocate countries to each team.
● Dress: Students could come dressed up in the national costume of the country they represent. Please note that photographs will be taken.
● Awards: UNANZ will provide each delegate with a certificate of attendance. Trophy will be given to the best team with prizes. There will be a prize for the best speaker and to the best-dressed team representing the country. Also, it will determine the award on the basis of the following criteria:
- Quality of position papers;
- Knowledge of committee topics;
- Knowledge and representation of the nation’s interests and policies;
- Skill and effectiveness in caucusing, writing amendments and resolutions, and debate (both formal and informal);
- Ability to work with and persuade other delegates through in-depth explanations and convincing arguments; and,
- Ability to develop pragmatic and actionable solutions.
For registrations and any general enquiries, please contact the President UNANZ (Waikato), Nagarajah Manoharan (Phone 0274513771 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please RSVP by emailing email@example.com or calling 0274513771